NEW! Optelec Magnifier App
Visually impaired people, including those with age-related macular degeneration, can now download a FREE App to an Apple iPhone or iPod Touch*. The Optelec Magnifier App is a FREE magnification software application which turns an Apple device with an on-board camera* into a powerful low vision solution. For anyone living with sight loss, the Optelec Magnifier App is a simple and effective way of viewing photographs and reading newspapers and magazines at a more comfortable size.
- Run the Optelec Magnifier App and turn your Apple iPhone or iPod* Touch into a magnifier
- Focus the camera of your Apple device over photographs, objects and reading materials and view and read at a more comfortable size
- Up to 6 times zoom in six steps using the large icon plus and minus touch screen controls
- View in full colour or enhanced contrast 'negative' (white text on a black background)
- Capture an image using the snapshot facility
- Supports portrait and landscape orientation
- Large icon controls
- FREE to download from iTunes
Click to find out more about the Optelec Magnifier App
Request an Optelec low vision pack
- Resolution: 800 x 480 pixels
- iPhone (3GS, 4, 4S, 5)
- iPod Touch (3rd, 4th and 5th generation)
- Requires iOS 5.1 or later.
Is the Optelec Magnifier App the right product for you?
Optelec also offer the following video magnifiers:
Optelec Compact 7 HD
Imagine using a high definition magnifier providing more overview and more words per line combined with the best available image quality.
The Optelec Compact 7 HD is the first high definition handheld video magnifier with a large 7-inch screen.
Desktop Video Magnifiers
Imagine being able to read letters, newspapers and magazines more clearly with a simple and powerful magnification solution.
Many visually impaired people, including those with age-related macular degeneration have chosen the best-selling ClearView+ video magnifier, providing superior quality images displayed on a choice of fully adjustable, high-contrast flat screens.